This laboratory started functioning in the Vadodara Central Excise Building in 1971.This laboratory has received NABL accreditation, in accordance to the ISO/IEC: 17025:2017, with the following scope.
Food Products - Edible Oil & Fats, Milk & dairy Product, Sugar & Sugar, Spices and Condiments and related product Edible colours & Flavours, Beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), Nut & Nut Products
- Residues in food Products – Antibiotics, Aflatoxin, Trace metals, Pesticides
- Biological- Food & Agricultural Products
- Biological- Water
- Fertilisers (Nitrogenous, Phosphatic, Potassium, Sulphur, Phosphatic, N.P.K Complex Micronutrients, Fortified, Water Soluble Complex, organic Fertilisers
- Hazardous & Restricted Chemicals – Azo dyes Banned Amines (Textile & Textile products)
- Metal & Alloys
- Ores & minerals
- Petroleum & Products, Waxes and jellies
- Plastic & Resins
- Pollution & Environment – Waste Water (Effluents/Sewage)
- Solid Fuel (coal, petroleum, metallurgical Coke)
- Forensic/ Chemical Sciences: Narcotics& Psychotropic Substances
The laboratory has also been notified / recognised (Reg. No. 62/W/FSSAI/2021) by Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) to test food product samples.